Best Bitcoin Hacks for Real People in 2017
If you haven’t been living under a rock you probably know that bitcoin prices have been booming lately. The price of a bitcoin cleared $1,000 for the first time in three years on January 2, 2017, rising to $1,023.11, on that day according to Coinbase. By January 4, bitcoin was trading at $1,099.46 apiece.
A person that purchased a bitcoin on January 4, 2016, and held it for one year would have been $581.54 richer on January 3, 2017, Coinbase data indicated. If that was not tempting enough there are some observers who think bitcoin prices might triple to $3,000 in 2017.
So what are the best ways for average people here in the real world to take advantage of bitcoin? Here are some of the best bitcoin hacks for real people in 2017.
- Get a BitPay digital wallet. This company gives you access to a digital wallet that can be accessed through Android devices and iPhones. You can also order a BitPay Visa card that you can use at any merchant or website that accepts Visa. All you need to do to pay with bitcoin in the real world is load the card from your BitPay Wallet.
- Buy Gyft or eGifter digital cards. You cannot use bitcoin at Walmart or Amazon but you can buy Walmart and Amazon gift cards through Gyft; and Amazon gift cards through eGifter with the digital currency. Many other major brands including; Target, Starbucks, Apple iTunes, eBay, Bass Pro Shops, Burger King, Macy’s, Cabela’s, The Home Depot, Southwest Airlines, Sirius XM, Whole Foods and even Uber are available. These cards make great gifts or you can use them for shopping even from some foreign countries.
- Send secure bitcoin payments through the encrypted messaging service Telegram using Startchat. Startchat is an app designed to send bitcoin via Telegram Messenger a highly encrypted messaging service available on Android, iPhone and Windows. If you want a secure way to send bitcoin to friends and family this might be it.
- Bitcoin payments can also be sent through Twitter and using the bitcoin Wallet iPayYou. To learn more about this app simply visit this website.
- Send bitcoin payments via email by using iPayYou.
- Use iPayYou to buy gift cards or coffee from Starbucks. Even Amazon gift cards are available through iPayYou.
- Buy Ethereum. If bitcoin is too expensive for your tastes this popular cryptocurrency is a lot cheaper. It was trading at $9.53 per coin on January 3, 2017. Coinbase is one of several exchanges that sell ethereum. There are also several popular etherum wallets available online.
- Try cryptocurrency mining without running up your electric bill. Mining is the harvesting of new crypto coins that are generated on a regular basis. You used to have to purchase an expensive special computer rig that had the capacity to send your electric bill through the roof with high power usage. Today companies like Genesis Mining will do all the work for in their datacenters with plans that start as low as $30. Genesis lets anybody mine Bitcoin, Ethereum, Zcash or a combination of other cryptocurrencies at low prices without special knowledge or equipment.
- Residents of India can buy bitcoin with rupees and avoid demonetization with the handy app zebpay. Zebpay is now available for both iOS and Android devices.
If observers are right, 2017 might be the year of bitcoin. Best of all many of the new solutions out there let real people here in the real world take advantage of it.