No Airbnb host has to go it alone because there are lots of great resources out there.
These resources can help hosts with everything from cash-flow crises to cleaning. More importantly all of them are easy to access and take advantage of. Utilizing these tools can help you make money on Airbnb and advance to Superhost status.
A few of the best resources for Airbnb hosts available right now include:
- Payfully – This factoring service enables a host to convert unpaid bookings into cash fast. As a factor Payfully will buy bookings for cash in as little as 48 hours. The money goes straight to your bank account so you can start using it to pay bills or buy stuff fast. Best of all Payfully is not a loan so you do not have to pay it back and it will not affect your credit rating. This can help a host avoid the dilemma of having a lot of bookings but no cash.
- Walmart.com – The discount giant’s website has some of the lowest prices online. Like Jet it offers free two-day shipping for orders over $35 and its delivery is just as fast as Amazon’s. Best of all you can pick many orders up for free at almost any Walmart store. Walmart is also experimenting with same day delivery in some markets.
- Sam’s Club – This Walmart subsidiary offers low prices on bulk quantities of cleaning supplies and other goods. Members can get $10 back for every $500 spent online and free pickup at stores. Sam’s Club also offers free shipping on a wide variety of online orders and discounts on prescriptions. Memberships cost as little as $45 a year which is cheaper than Costco. Same day delivery is available in some areas.
- Superhosts – These are the best hosts who get the most paying guests. Copying their methods can help you achieve superhost status and make more money on Airbnb. One cool way to learn from the Superhosts is to get one to mentor with you, another is to stay with a Superhost.
- The Kroger The various Kroger supermarkets including; Kroger, King Soopers, Harris Teeter, Smith’s, Ralph’s, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Mariano’s, Dillons City Market, Baker’s, Fry’s, Pick N’ Save, QFC, and Metro Market offer far more than food. They offer prices comparable to Walmart and some have selections of clothes and housewares similar to that store. One tremendous advantage for Airbnb hosts is the delis and food prepared in store which can help you serve guests better. Another is the gas points which you a 10¢ break on fuel for every $100 of groceries you buy. Best of all some Kroger stores now offer delivery straight to your door via the ClickList feature. Something else you may not realize is that you can use a your discount card at any Kroger supermarket. That means a Los Angeles resident can use her Ralph’s card at King Soopers in Denver.
- Uber and Lyft. Believe it or not the ridesharing services can be life savers for Airbnb hosts. Uber offers quite a few services that can help Airbnb hosts. These include the food delivery service Uber Eats and UberRush a delivery service that will even drop off orders from some Kroger supermarkets and Walmart stores in some cities. Lyft is also experimenting with delivery services. One way to use Uber or Lyft is as a ride for your guests. Another is to use UberEats as your room service solution.
There are lots of other great resources for creative Airbnb hosts out there. These include professional cleaning and management companies. One great way to learn about them is to go searching online, another is to ask other Airbnb hosts. The more you know about Airbnb, the more you might be able to earn.